- When I start FS One, a black window comes up, then disappears, and then nothing else happens. Or my screen flashes.
- When I try to fly in FS One, the aircraft makes sound but does not move.
The aircraft is being reset continuously because a switch on your transmitter has been assigned to control
Reset-In-Place, and the switch is not in the right position for your setup.
- FS One was working, but now the controls do not move.
The calibration file was not saved because the base software or its udpates were not all installed as Administrator. Reinstall as Administrator whatever you installed last (either the full simulator or the latest update). This sequence of events happens when you do not install as Administrator : You run FS One and calibrate. That calibration data is saved in memory for that session and the simulator will work. But because the software was not installed as Administrator the software is not able to save the calibration file to disk. Then the next time you run FS One, there is no calibration data, so the control surfaces do not respond to your stick inputs.
- I would like to go back to the default install settings used in the Options menu.
Follow these steps:
To reset the options back to the default install settings, start FS One.
Go to Options | Messages.
Click on the box for Use Default Options Upon Shutdown.
Exit and restart FS One. Note: This will restore the FS One settings to those when originally installed. This will not, however, remove or change any edited aircraft or transmitters or change the calibration of your USB Interface.
- What controls does my current aircraft have?
Depending on what your flying, see the flight manual for airplanes . To jump right to your aircraft, click on the Flight Manual button in FS One from the Aircraft Selection window. The same Flight Manual button is on the Single Pilot Freestyle window.
- My transmitter sticks or switches do the wrong thing.
Recalibrate your transmitter. If you are using Joystick Gremlin (JG) and vJoy, be sure that you have clicked on the JR gamepad icon to make it green, i.e. active.
- How do I stop flying? (stop a flight session)
At the top left of your keyboard, press
- How do I get back to a previous screen?
Click on Back, usually at bottom left. Or, at top right, click on Return to Main Menu.
- How do I pick a different aircraft, flying site, etc.?
Click on the picture of what you want to change. Or, at left click, on the word of what you want to change.
- I typed in a number, but the old one came back.
Most numbers have a range of allowable values. Invalid numbers, e.g. -10 lb for aircraft weight, are ignored. The previous value is then used.
- How can I get help? (help from this user manual)
To get online help for whatever window you are in, at top right click on
- How can I get help while flying?
?(bottom right of your keyboard; do down hold not shift). Just press the key with the question mark on it. If you cannot read while flying, also press
Pto pause the flight. Press
Pagain to resume flying. The on-screen help overlay images are usually out of date. See the key commands chapter for up-to-date information.