FS One Free Downloads
- Free Updates for FS One V2 – Updates V2 software and adds new aircraft, requires FS One V2
- Download Extras for FS One V2 – Adds extra aircraft and features, requires FS One V2
- 2048 Resolution update for FS One V2 – 2048 resolution firmware update for V2
- Updates for FS One V1 – Updates V1 to latest version (V1.1)
- Updates for FS One Solo – Updates to Solo included with Hangar 9 trainer airplanes
Requires: FS One V2
Latest Update: 2.1.3 (r1450)
Released: December 15, 2012
Highlights for this update:
- Adds the BD-5J high performance microjet by Jim Bede. Included versions:
- 50%-scaled 102-in span model designed by Sean Cassidy (au117), maker of the prototype molds for Bill Hempel’s BD-5J.
- 50%-scaled ARF designed by Bill Hempel (uses the newer JetCat P140-RX turbojet with 32-lb static thrust).
- Full-scale 17-ft span versions with 240-lb and 325-lb static thrust produced by the Microturbo TRS-18 jet engine.
- This update includes all previous V2 updates with Hangar 9 Spitfire, Focke-Wulf FW 190, Xtreme Machines Sbach 342, SIG Four-Star 60, Hangar 9 Cap 232G, Hangar 9 Extra 260, and variants.
- Cleanup: Removes channel string from Bobcat aircraft descriptions.
- Map (‘m’ key) now shows targets for bombs and rockets.
- Adds racing pylons to map (in pylon race).
- Fixes minor bug in transmitter editor.
- Changes: pylon-racing timer changed from predicted finish time to current elapsed time. Also simplified current-lap display.
- Adds support for changes to pylon racing setups. Works with pylon extras download (r1372).
- Changes braking on 33%-scale Spitfire from activation with down elevator to up elevator.
- Reduces volume for cut pylon buzzer (pylon racing).
- Install instructions: After downloading the update, install the update as administrator. When complete, start FS One V2. When FS One asks if you want to install the updates from a trusted source, click “Yes” for each prompt (three times). These updates may take 30 secs to installed. If you are running Windows Vista and have questions about installing and UAC, see click here ».
- Release notes
Update Instructions for Version 2.1.3 (1450).
Download the latest update, and click “Save” to save the update to your hard disk. After downloading, double-click on the update and follow the on-screen instructions. After running the update, start FS One V2 and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
This update can be installed at any time on top of any previous V2 installation. It includes all previous V2 updates. These updates are not compatible with V1.
Features: Sbach 342 SCAS, electric powered, 5 variants (4 with SCAS, 1 without SCAS)
Requires: FS One V2, V2.0.8 or higher
This adds the RCX Sbach 342 with a “Stability and Control Augmentation System” (SCAS) that relies on gyros in all 3-axes. As it sounds, the SCAS system (similar to other systems currently available for micro flyers) adds stability, and this added stability is especially noticeable in turbulence. The system also changes the behavior of the control sticks. Rather than directly controlling the surface deflections, the control sticks (pilot inputs) drive the roll, pitch and yaw rates, i.e. they turn into ‘rate commands’. In this mode, rolling harriers, knife edge flight and many more aerobatic maneuvers become much easier while the control system does most of the work (watch the surfaces move on their own in rolling harriers!).
Turn SCAS on/off with the gear switch (or key “0″ for transmitters with only 4 channels).
See the demo video below:
Features: 33%-scale Spitfire brake activation option
Requires: FS One V2, V2.1.1 or higher
This download will give the option to install brakes that activate with either up or down elevator on the 33%-scale Spitfire. For aircraft with wheel brakes in FS One, the wheel brakes are by default activated with down elevator, which is typically how RC jets are setup. With a tail dragger, it might be more natural to use up elevator (we think so). This extra download is worth installing.
Features: Adds NMPRA Electric Formula One (EF1) pylon racing course and improves all pylon course layouts
Requires: FS One V2, V2.1.3 or higher
Adds two-pylon and three-pylon race courses for Electric Formula One (EF1) pylon racing. These new courses are included with the Worthington County Airport and Omni panorama fields. Also, selecting the “4 Pylon Race” for these pano sites uses a three-pylon course for F3D/F5D pylon racing. For these race course setups, the pylons are 19-ft tall. To make it easier to see the complete course while racing, a pyramid pylon is used for the first pylon which is furthest away from the pilot. These 19-ft tall pylons meet the NMPRA Rule that the pylon height must be between 10 ft (~3 m) and 20 ft (~6 m).
Changes to other pylon racing courses include: more standard positions for pylons in 2-pylon and 3-pylon race courses. Frasca Airport flying site now includes 2-pylon and 3-pylon EF1 race course setups. The Harker Mountain slope site includes new distance pylons to make them more visible. Many pylons have been changed from orange/white to red/white to make them more visible. Also, pylons that were 12-ft tall before are now 19-ft tall to make them more visible. The pylon cut buzzer was changed to make it sound more realistic.
This pylon racing update supersedes the previous release 2.1.2b (r1365).
This firmware update includes support for 2048 resolution for your FS One V2 USB Interface. The new 2048 resolution sets the new standard for RC flight simulation. To upgrade to FS One 2048 resolution, update your firmware. Note that after updating your USB to 2048 resolution/firmware, you must install the update to the current version: 2.1.3 (r1450)
or at least 2.0.4.
Learn more about 2048 resolution
Updates for the original FS One version 1 can still be downloaded here. FS One version 1 can be updated to version 1.1. The FS One version 2 updates will not work with FS One version 1 or 1.1.
These updates should be installed to bring the original FS One version 1 from Horizon (at right) to its final Version 1.1. Start with a clean installation of FS One from the original disc set and then follow these steps.
- Install the FS One V1.0.9 Update or if you have FS One Hangar Pack 1 install it instead. After the installation has finished, then start FS One to complete the installation in FS One. When FS One runs, the version number on the main screen should read V1.0.9. Exit FS One and go to Step 2.
- Install the FS One Heli Performance Update for V1. After the installation has finished, start
FS One to continue with the installation, then exit FS One. The Heli Performance Update will only be fully functional after continuing with Step 3.
- Install the FS One Update V1.1 and start FS One. After installing this update, the version number at the bottom of the Main Menu should read Version 1.1.
To verify the three-step installation, you should see a new category “Original Versions” in the list of helicopter category selections. You will also see many new training lessons for helicopters.
If you install Hangar Pack 1 after updating to V1.1, reinstall the V1.1 Update.
This update process is for FS One V1 only. It does not apply to FS One Solo. Also if you are using Windows Vista, turn off the UAC before applying these updates, and see the Vista Installation Guide for more details.
Please note that Horizon Hobby, distributor of the original FS One V1, is the provider of Customer Support for FS One V1 and these updates. Please contact Horizon Hobby for Customer Support.
Step 1: FS One V1.0.9 Update
Description: After installing this update, it is recommended that you install the Heli Performance Update for V1 (Step 2) and then Update V1.1 (Step 3).
Step 2: FS One Heli Performance Update for V1
Description: This download updates most of the original helicopter models and improves the flight performance and realism. It is not fully functional until completing the installation of V1.1 (Step 3).
Step 3: FS One Update V1.1
Description: This final update to the original FS One version 1 combines all previous updates and includes over 100 minutes of helicopter training in over 40 lessons. After this update, FS One will run as version 1.1. If you install Hangar Pack 1 after updating to V1.1, reinstall the V1.1 Update.